Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ooops...yarn happens!

Every year, the big truck from Spinrite Yarn rolls into town, with some incredible bargains on discontinued products and colours. I haven't used all of what I bought last year. Although, as I look at the picture, I have done pretty well at using things up.

I wasn't going to go this year, because my bins are nearly full. However, a friend called this morning, asking me to go with her and help her at the sale by telling her what she could use the yarns for. After a number of years of not knitting, she has just gotten back into it.

So I foolishly joined her on her morning's adventure.

I came home with this.

Only 12 skeins, that isn't too much is it? At least I managed to leave all the sock yarn there. There is 6 balls of worsted weight and 6 balls of a baby DK, and I think I know what I am going to do with most of it.
I made these gloves with the baby DK, and I am thinking that I might need to make more. The worsted will be used for hats. More on that later.


1 comment:

  1. Kate, yarn is like sunshine, never too much, specially in the wintertime. Enjoy those goodies!1 Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete