Monday, December 9, 2013

Some Christmas Sewing

I am trying to keep my list down to what I can reasonably finish before Christmas, without stressing out too much.
I found this pattern from Noodlehead, and thought it was a perfect way to use up some of my fat quarters and other odds and ends.

The medium one uses most of 2 fat quarters, and the little one can be made with 2 fat eighths. For the big one, I cut into some of my yardage.

I think this little one is just the right size to use as a place to store your hand sewing supplies, when you go to a guild meeting.

I think this one would hold a set of needles and a ball of wool, to carry a sock in progress.

This one came out quite large. I am sure that the recipient will have some ideas for it.

I think it is interesting that I used interfacing on the medium one and didn't bother on the small and large, but they all stand up nicely. I don't think I will be using any more interfacing.

Now for the kitten fans, I thought you might like to see my beloved, long suffering Dolly Dog, being brushed by her little friend Austin.
Austin returned to the shelter on the weekend and I am sure he will make a lovely Christmas kitten for someone. I see on the shelter website that his status is adoption pending! Have a wonderful life in your new family, Austin. I hope they have a dog for you to play with.





1 comment: