Thursday, March 5, 2015

As Winter Continues

It is official. Our February weather was the coldest February on record. Now they haven't been keeping official records for very long (since about the 1940's I think) but still, it has been really cold, for a very long time. Yesterday, just to tease us, the temperature actually hit 0 C. However we are back into minus double digits again. It is currently -12, with a low tonight of -21.

This was the icicle that had formed outside my bathroom window. It kept growing every time someone had a shower (which melts the snow near the vent). It was not well attached and fell off yesterday, in the warm, but I see we have a new one starting.

Knitting is the only answer to all this cold, making warm stuff. So here is my knitting update.

My Tree of Life Blanket is getting much bigger.

I looked at the picture and immediately saw a mistake, but, since it hasn't changed the stitch count or effected the usability of the blanket, I am not ripping it back. I still have a ways to go, but the end is in sight.

A friend asked me if I knew of a pattern for a long narrow cowl. I found a pattern for one here.

The temptation was too great, especially since I have lots of lovely sock yarn, and it is a mindless knit.

I love the way the yarn is pooling. Because of the slipped stitches in the design, the other side is completely different.
You would think they were two different scarves. The colours scream spring, don't you think?

I am actually considering ripping this out and starting over. I think I want it narrower and longer then it will be if I keep going with this number of stitches.




1 comment:

  1. Soooo yeah....I'm going to need to know what kind of yarn you're using for that cowl. :)

    ReplyDelete