Monday, July 13, 2015

Water - Part 1

I was surprised on Friday morning to find in my inbox, the first clue for the next Mystery Knit Along from Fiddle Knits Designs, Water.

I had forgotten when it was suppose to start. Fortunately, I had purchased yarn for it at the same time as I purchased the yarn for Earth, the previous MKAL, and I had already wound it, so I had no problem getting started.

The first clue is often the easiest to finish in her designs, and I finished it last night. I am liking it. I might have to keep this one for myself.


The yarn colour is called "Frozen" and the yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Tonal. It is looking good, so far.

This morning, I found this little surprise on the counter.

It was a grocery store purchase from about 4 years ago. This is the third time I have managed to get it to flower.

I thought you might also like a picture of the photographer's assistant, Rorey.

She was grooming the leaves, while I took the picture.


4 comments:

  1. She is so cute. Your orchid is stunning, mine did not survive winter. I'll have to work out what I did to it. Maybe I should have put it in the garden? Is the mystery knit a shawk, or will you only know when it is finished, what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rorey, you are a true beauty, lovely face, colouring, and your eyes speak so may words. You are in a truly loving home, maybe you too will get a special blanket of your own. Kate, you have a huge heart. from down here in Nz, Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have so much going one. The wool is a lovely colour mix, and the pattern is very, very pretty. Delicate. And your orchid! Wow! That's impressive. I don't have any experience with them. I'm wondering if it's you with the green thumb or your lovely assistant. Pretty kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great knitting. The frozen colour is lovely. Fabulous orchid!

    ReplyDelete