Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Summer's Last Hurrah

Today is the last official day of summer, in Canada. For the past week, it feels like we are squeezing every bit of nice weather out of the season. It has been sunny and warm, really quite glorious.

My Rose Mallow is racing the weather, putting on a magnificent display of flower.

Usually, it puts on one flower at a time, but this year they are coming in bunches. There were 5 open at once.

My friends, Erika and Michelle decorated some two-bite brownies, to raise money for the Humane Society, at a local Community Fair. It was a beautiful day, so lots of people came. They tell me they sold all but 6 of their creations. Aren't they cute?



Just to remind us that winter is on the way, the evenings are cool. Sterling was feeling a bit chilly the other night.

September 22 is also Elephant Appreciation Day, so it is appropriate that I show my completed elephant hat.

I think it is cute, but I was told this morning that some people might think it creepy.



6 comments:

  1. Creepy? Really? I don't see it at all! I think that hat is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have not been to Africa, how can you call an elephant creepy? He is cute! Those brownies look scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the brownies that Erika and Michelle decorated, and I don't find the elephant hat creepy at all. Just cute! Only you, Kate would put a scarf on a kitten, but he does look rather fetching in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hat, truly lovely, not scary at all, and Sterling, is that his little pony to play with, I guess you knitted him his very own scarf as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cute too.....the main thing is that it appeals to the child who will be wearing it! Sterling looks oh-so-smart in his scarf, doesn't he? Yummy looking brownies too, recently we had Cupcake Day for the RSPCA so we bought some from our vet which were decorated to look like animals. That's such a pretty flower, how long now until it stops flowering?

    ReplyDelete