Monday, October 10, 2016

Thanksgiving

The turkey is in the oven. It is just a breast because the family came yesterday and wanted roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding. Today it is just us and the pets. Turkey fans, all.

Fall has finally arrived. It was 5C when we went walking this morning.  I picked this up on my walk,


I think it is quite interesting that the leaf still has some green. The whole tree had leaves that looked like that. The trees in the park this morning were many different fall colours, red, orange, brown and green. Time to get out the woolies.

I haven't gotten much sewing done this week. I had a bunch of meetings and waiting to do. That means I got a lot of knitting done.

I blocked the finished pieces this afternoon.

I bought a set of blocking mats a couple of years ago. My projects have gotten bigger, so a few weeks ago, I bought a second set. They don't mesh with the first set. My husband was going to the building supply store so i asked him to pick me up a set there (where I got the first set). Guess what! They don't mesh with either set. Now I am afraid to try again.  I was having a bit of trouble making them work for my shawl.

The Gondola Shawl is finished. I will take a better picture when it is dry. You can see where the mats are butted together. It's not a perfect solution.



These tiny socks are perfect carry along projects and use up the ends of my sock yarn. This pair is in size 12 months. I didn't try to make them match, because I wasn't sure I had enough yarn, but at least you can tell they are a pair.

A little hat, using a ball of My First Regia and a bit of leftover white from the lace socks of last winter.

I knit about half of this while I attended a very long and boring meeting. I can pay attention much better when my hands are busy. However, the gentleman sitting next to me kept staring at my knitting. I wasn't sure if he disapproved or was afraid of the wild woman with the pointy sticks.  I don't really care, because I have gotten a good start on a requested Christmas present. I love this yarn. I think I may have a second ball. It might need to become a hat.

7 comments:

  1. we are in springtime and had 5 Celsius one morning too!!! The fire was lit for 5 days in a row!!! Love that knitting, a hat, socks, that beautiful shawl, and something? Enjoy your turkey.Happy celebration greetings from NZ in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a flight recently a lady knitted. One passenger was not sure how security allowed her to take knitting needles on the flight? I had a needle and was doing applique, he never said a word about it. What has the world turned into? We need to stress relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl looks gorgeous. Well done you for knitting through the boring meeting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Kate. Love the shawl. Gorgeous yarn all 'round.

    I'm sure that guy was interested in what you were making and probably wished he'd brought his knitting! Or maybe his Mommy used to knit and he was enjoying some fond memories of her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! These pieces are really nice ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to buy some of those matts and will now remember to purchase 2 sets. thanks.

    The little socks and the hat are wonderful. I need to cast on a pair of socks for my sister. This week, honest, once I get started I'll be good, it's the casting on that tends to stop me with socks.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had Toad In The Hole this week, same batter as Yorkshire pudding which I love but do not eat beef so.....have to make do with TITH!

    ReplyDelete