Thursday, November 2, 2017

Retreat Bags @ Retreat

My friend Maggie of The Cheerful Chickadee was at retreat with me, and together we made Emmaline Bags' Retreat Bag.

We added straps and a zippered pocket to the inside.

Mine looks like this.


The inside looks like this.


I mislaid my camera at retreat (it was in the bottom of my suitcase with my clothes, up in my room) so I didn't get a picture of Maggie's bag, but she sent me one yesterday.


This is her interior.


The pictures tell a bit of a story about who we are as quilters.

I also made new tablet cases for the new tablets at our house.


Laurel Burch Elephants and Tula Pink Turtles, both fat quarters, from my stash. Someone at the retreat asked what pattern I use. I actually take rough measurements, layer batting between a piece of flannel and a piece of pretty fabric, quilt the sandwich, cut it to size by wrapping it around the tablet, zigzag the edges together to form a pocket and add binding to make it pretty.  No patter, just a tape measure. They close with velcro, added just before the binding. The elephants is for my husband and the button says Handmade with Love.

Of course, if you put a quilt down, a cat will lay on it, no matter how small.


Ti-Gars left us yesterday and was adopted into his forever home. We are so happy for him!

4 comments:

  1. I've never been on a sewing retreat. I am almost positive I would get as much done as I did on my knitting retreat (which was nothing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh nice bags! Have they got frames in? They look nice and roomy. Perfect tablet cases too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bags! A girl can never have too many bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely bags, but as always, Ti-Gars is my pick, he is adorable and I know will be so loved.Look at all that fluff, and of course he knows a good place to lie, they have an inbuilt seventh sense for the prettiest pieces of fabric sewn together.

    ReplyDelete