Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I Have More Influence Than I Thought!

About a month ago, I did a review of some new knitting needles.  The review was rather well received by my small group of loyal followers. Looking at my stats, and tossing the stats from obvious web crawlers and the like, I figure about 75 people read my musings about my attempts at Art. Periodically, I review new products, books, recipes. All of this is for my entertainment, and, I hope, yours.

You can imagine my surprise when I received this email to my blog, this morning.



I am Craig. I represent ****, we are the leader in the manufacturing of ********** related products exclusively for commercial projects and the wholesale trade.
We are looking for an enthusiastic product review bloggers for our website ************* I am prepared to offer you a guestpost article to post on your blog, and to post this article we will give you $50 Amazon gift card after publishing the article.
Let me know what you think.

Thank you




Well, Craig, it is nice of you to offer. I thought it was especially nice that you were even going to provide all the words for me. I would enjoy having $50 to spend at Amazon. That would buy a lot of zippers.

However, Craig, I just don't think we are a good fit. The dogs, cats, teddies, and I don't have any use for your product. I suspect my readers don't either. We are just here to have fun.

However, if there are any makers of luxury yarn, or fine chocolates, who would like my HONEST opinion of your product, maybe we can talk! You don't pay me, and I'll tell my readers what I really think.






And for my cat fans, a picture of some tiny kittens. These guys have all gone to their new homes, now, but baby pictures are always cute! Left to Right, Bruno, Dickens, Drake, and Gary.



5 comments:

  1. Haha! I love those! "We've been reviewing your blog and would love to send you our product--it would be a great fit!" And it's something so unrelated to anything you're interested in. But you're right--send me fabric, yarn and glitter and we'll talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that 'offer' too! We're both such high rollers, eh? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez......I don't get offers like that! I'm with you on the chocolate, but it must be good quality dark chocolate. Those are four very cute little kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! I'd love to review yarn as long as I didn\t have to pay for it, and got to keep it of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kittens, the review??? What was he thinking? You need yarn, fabric, chocolates, or kitty stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete